Project - Controller Inventory

This weekend, I took the time to assess what controllers I had available to be used for this project, as I wasn't able to make much progress on identifying a program that would allow me to pull the data. 

The controller that I'd thought was an X-Box controller is actually an off-brand controller made to mimic an X-Box controller. I suspect that, due to this, it will not enjoy the the same ease of connection that has been reportedly found with X-Box controllers and windows computers. However, this controller is wired with a USB connector, so it may still work for providing direct inputs to a program like Chuck.

Additionally, I have access to official Playstation controllers, also wired with USB cables. Our apartment also has a pair of wii remotes and accompanying joystick offhand controllers; I suspect I will not use these controllers so I can avoid any difficulties with using Bluetooth to connect them to my laptop. 

Also available are more modern controllers, like those for the Nintendo Switch (both 1 and 2) however, like with the wii remotes I don't intend to use them as I suspect the pairing with a computer will be more involved. 

I think I will next look to see if it is possible to get a Chuck session going and accepting inputs from either the knockoff X-Box controller or the Playstation controller, and begin looking into the Chuck programming language. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Project - Brawl Time

Project - Controller Outputs

Research Papers