Project - Consistancy Achieved

 This weekend once again was less productive than I'd hoped, as I never was able to set aside a large block of time to contribute at once to this project. However, the benefit of many smaller intervals was that I had to plug in the controller and get ChucK set up about once a day for the past week, and was able to consistantly get it working every time. This includes both the default example code and other modified files that are saved directly to my device. That being said, I'm concerned with my ability to complete the larger initial scope of this project, as I'm finding I'm much more rusty on code than I used to be, and so progress is much slower than I'd hoped.

I've also begun mapping ideas for how I would like the sounds to be generated. The base fm and noise files appear to only generate sounds from a specific number of inputs, the A, B, X, and Y buttons, and simply modifies what those noises look like based on what triggers or axis are in motion or use. For my final outcome, I would much rather each component of the controller make its own noise; I'm interested specifically in the layering of the different sounds over a longer period of time, rather than the short inputs that are currently coded on the example files. 

I also spoke with several of my friends and roommates who have different preferences for video games, as I realized that I have a much more narrow array of games that I play. I was introduced to a variety of movements that I hadn't considered or been aware of, a notable example brought up was the way an axis, typically on the left, is "flicked" along its outer most limits while a button input occers to direct an attack in a particular way. I plan to, as I begin shaping the parameters of the soundscape, testing out these moves and having these other individuals test it out, to hear a variety of combinations and test out new ideas.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Project - Brawl Time

Project - Controller Outputs

Research Papers